Hello, welcome to our recipes page. Looking for the perfect Shepherd’s pie (Herders pastei) recipe? look no further! Our website is devoted to gives you only the best Shepherd’s pie (Herders pastei) recipe, we also have wide variety of healthy tips and recipes to try. Learn how to cook Shepherd’s pie (Herders pastei) with us, we hope you enjoy your stay, thank you and good luck.
Shepherd’s pie (Herders pastei) RecipeTo cook shepherd’s pie (herders pastei) you only need 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it. Preptime: 21 Minutes Cooktime: 35 Minutes Serve: 2 Persons Nutrition: 222 calories.
The ingredients needed to cook shepherd’s pie (herders pastei) :
- Get 500 g lamb mince
- Use 1 turnip
- You need 1 parsnip
- Use 2 carrots
- Provide 3 stalks celery
- Use 2 onions
- Provide 1 clove garlic
- You need 250 g chestnut mushrooms
- Provide 1 tsp lamb stock
- Provide 250 ml water
- Take Stalk rosemary
- You need Salt
- Prepare Cracked black pepper
- Prepare 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Take Mash
- Use 8 red rooster potatoes peeled
- Take 1 tsp salt
- You need 1/4 tsp White pepper
- Prepare 2 eggs
- Get 1 tsp English mustard
- Get 100 ml double cream
- Get 2 Tbsp butter
Instructions to make Shepherd’s pie (Herders pastei) :
- Prepare vegetables
- Peel potatoes and boil until soft for mash.
- Brown mince and add rosemary, onions and garlic and gradually season throughout cooking process. Once onions are browned add vegetables. Add the stock to mince and stir. Add water and cook until vegetables are softened.
- Pour the mixture into glass dish and leave to rest whilst making mash.
- Preheat oven to 180’C
- Whisk eggs, cream, mustard together.
- Mash the softened potatoes and add butter. Whilst steaming hot add the egg mixture and mix thoroughly until mash becomes fluffy. Season to taste.
- Scoop mash onto mince or alternatively the mash could be piped. Before baking using a fork make various pattern. Raised edges will become crispy edges. Fresh thyme and cracked pepper will add to the flavour. An optional extra could be to add grated mature cheddar to the mash.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
If you find this Shepherd’s pie (Herders pastei) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck. Before you go, you can also check interesting healthy tips bellow.
Get Back the Power Over Your Food Cravings
Cravings for food are among the toughest things to contend with when you take on a new diet or try to improve your eating habits. Food cravings are a huge source of stress, stress makes you cheat then you feel stressed because you cheated and so on and so forth. You will be thankful to learn that you have lots of choices if you would like get control over your cravings and help you keep your diet on track. Here we will share a few of those things with you.
It usually is very useful to develop a thought that you think to yourself for relaxation and to distract yourself when you feel a craving pop up. Among the motivations behind food cravings is the training we do on our bodies to think of certain foods in certain situations or at particular times of day. If you can come up with something different to think about during those times of day or in those situations, you could retrain your body to not crave the damaging foods that will destroy your diet. Anybody who wants to can retrain his or her brain with enough time or patience.
Check out this interesting product maybe it can help you
Every single dieter detests dealing with food cravings. They are generally at the root of most dieting failures. By finding out where the cravings for food originate from and why they happen, you’re upping your chances of dieting successfully!